- If you provide photographs or videos taken during your fundraising activity to TreeSisters Australia, you agree that these may be used by TreeSisters Australia for commercial and/or fundraising purposes. By sending these to us, you are also confirming that anyone featuring prominently in the photograph or video is aged 16 or over, and that they have consented to their image being used in this way.
- You accept that any risks arising out of your fundraising activity are your responsibility, including liability for any injury or loss which may occur to you, your helpers or guests. You will therefore take all reasonable precautions to protect the health and safety of all those participating in, involved with, or attending your activity.
- You will comply with any applicable laws and regulations relating to your fundraising activity, including obtaining any necessary licenses, consents or permissions e.g. if you are holding a raffle or lottery, or are proposing to sell alcohol.
- You acknowledge and accept that TreeSisters Australia insurance policy will not cover your fundraising activities.
- You will not do anything that threatens the reputation or name of TreeSisters Australia. If you do, TreeSisters Australia has the right to ask you to stop your fundraising activity immediately.
Legal Rules for Fundraisers
Make sure your fundraising stays legal
Street collection guidelines and regulations:- TreeSisters Australia does not currently have the capacity to offer collection tins and we do not currently encourage street collections. If you want to get out and about and promote TreeSisters Australia, then we suggest you do the Love Walk (please see our PDF for more)
Registering your event:- Please ensure that you register your event with us, read and agree our terms and conditions.
Raffle guidelines:-Holding a raffle is a great way to increase donations from your event.
Large scale raffle:- If you are holding a large scale raffle you may need to obtain a lotteries licence. You will need to contact your State authority to get this licence. You must not:
- Sell tickets on the street or house to house
- Anyone under the age of 16 may not sell or purchase tickets
- Tickets must state that the lottery is in aid of TreeSisters Australia and include your name and address and date of the lottery draw.
Small Raffles:- If you hold a small raffle on the day of your event you do not have to get a special licence as long as:
- Any prizes purchased are worth a total of no more than $250. Donated prizes can be of unlimited value.
- All tickets are sold on the same day as the raffle is drawn.
- Tickets are sold for the same price and there are no discounts.
- Prizes that involve alcohol are only included if the event is being held on licenced premises.
- All tickets are sold on the same premises and on the same day as the raffle is drawn.
For more information please read the Institute of Fundraising Guidelines.
The rules above specifically apply to events held in the United Kingdom. If your raffle is to be held outside of the UK then please ensure that you contact your local council or government authority in charge of licencing raffles and lotteries to make sure that you comply with local legislation.
Under 18s – legal guidelines
If you are under 18 and holding a fundraising event, there are certain things that you will need help with. You should always ask an adult to help you with your fundraising to make sure you are safe.
There are some things that you cannot do if you do not have an adult to help you. These things are:
- Street Collection
- An event involving alcohol
Please check local laws and bylaws in your country for example in the USA alcohol restrictions may apply to those aged 21 and over.
Need more help? If you are unsure or need more help then please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with event question as your email title.
return to the